Traffic school attendance is a program that allows certain moving violators to receive instruction in driving and driving safety. To be eligible for Los Angeles County traffic school:
- The violation must be eligible for Los Angeles County traffic school;
- You have not attended traffic school on another citation issued within the last 18 months of your current citation;
- You must submit proof of correction for any mechanical, registration, driver's license or insurance violations. Citations that contain ONLY these types or violations are not eligible for Los Angeles traffic school.
There are four alternatives for paying Los Angeles traffic school fees:
- On the Los Angeles Court web site.
- By telephone.
- In person at the Court location marked on your citation.
- By mail.
If you sign up for Los Angeles traffic school and fail to file the traffic school certificate of completion by the due date, the traffic school fee you paid will be deemed as bail and forfeited; DMV will be notified of the conviction.